Soothing Drops

Soothing Drops

Saturday, December 3, 2011

TOP 10 GOOD THINGS ABOUT WORKING IN BOSTON

It has been 8 months since I have moved to the Boston area.  While this hasn't been the easiest 8 months it has truly been a life experience, that's for sure.  But you know what, working downtown in the Financial District.  So I've decided to write all the things I like about working downtown.  Some may be sarcastic...so here we go:


10.  Walking by the Occupy Boston came in Dewey Square outside of South Station every morning and afternoon.  (This is one of the sarcastic ones)  I'm actually getting tired of seeing that everyday.


9.  The fact that where my office is it is close to everything.


8.  Being exposed to so many different people regardless if they are mean, nice, short, tall, thin, fat, smelly, smells good...they are all unique in every way.  


7.  Seeing the Spare Change newspaper guy every day and waiting for him to say "Spare Change Newspaper!  Help the homeless help themselves!"  That is the main thing he says...everyday it is something different.


6.  I can walk 10 minutes in any direction and find a Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts or Subway.  


5.  The ability to go to the waterfront when it is nice and sunny out to enjoy the water...and right by the New England Aquarium to see the seals outside.  I need to do that more often next year.


4.  Lots of places to go shopping during lunch hour.  Either in Downtown Crossing or Quincy Market.  I need to do that more often next year too.


3.  My office is right down the street from J Hook & Co. which is one of the best places to get the famous lobster roll here in Boston.  Also from Samurai Eatery which is an awesome sushi place.  And it is good!


2.  Able to go over by Faneuil Hall, which is another thing I need to do more often.  There is always something gong on over there...especially in the summer.


1.  There is always something going on downtown.  If I stay in the office it may seem like there is nothing going on...but if you go out and look around...something is always going on.


Well until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment