Soothing Drops

Soothing Drops

Saturday, October 22, 2011

SPOOKTACULAR EVENTS!!!!

So today was definitely a fun day.  It was mostly for Zoey to get out and socialize with other dogs.  The local Petco in Quincy was not only having a "Howl-o-ween Pet Costume Contest" but they had a mixed breed mixer afterwards.  And Zoey got to ride the bus for the first time today!


Waiting for the bus




On the bus






So...at first when we get there, the other dog costumes were so lame...there was a skeleton and it was just a dog in a sweater with a skeleton on the back of it.  Seriously....these people thought they were going to win with that?  But Maisey was the cutest Golden Lab I ever seen.  So she gets points for cuteness.
I'm thinking to myself...oh wow me and Zoey got this in the bag.  Then a cat (the only cat) shows up as a king...it had a crown and a cape...okay...that's cute too, but I'm thinking..we still have a chance.  Then a dog dressed as the Black Swan shows up and I'm like wow!  After that we have a dog dressed as a devil that showed up and in a wheelchair...okay we are screwed!


But it was alot of fun and even though Zoey didn't win she had fun meeting these dogs:


Meet Riah the winner of the contest....The Black Swan (You can't see the feathers but the costume was awesome)




Sophie...




Zoey liked her the most and of course my baby who didn't want to wear the hat but I'm attaching another picture of how she should look as a banana split...







So after the contest everyone got a certificate of participation...




And Zoey participated in a relay race but she didn't win that either...it was a tie.  And I wasn't smart enough to answer all the questions to get more money so she could have won some prizes...but Zoey didn't go home empty handed.  Between the 3 toys and treats I bought her she got three goodie bags...so in the end, she didn't do so bad at all




So we had a good day, I'm exhausted and so is Zoey...I think it is time for a nap for the both of us.


Well until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment