Soothing Drops

Soothing Drops

Friday, October 14, 2011

F-A-I-R! FAIR.....FAIR.....FAIR......FAIR!!!!!

What drives people to go to the fair?  Is it the food, the rides, entertainment, animals?  Or is it just good old fashioned fun that brings friends and families together to socialize...it's a little bit of everything.  This weekend I was able to experience going to the Topsfield Fair in Topsfield, MA.  This fair has been around for 192 years and probably is one of the longest running annual fairs I've ever heard of.


This is me on the way to the fair:


\





Now being that I'm here from Texas, I attended the Texas State Fair in Dallas several times and that is probably the LARGEST fair I have ever been to.  This one as quaint and cute as it was is no comparison to this fair.  But there was lots of activities to do there, like visit the pig barn which was kind of a rip.  Because there is much talk about the piglets and that is what Brian wanted to do pet a piglet.  By the time we got there, they were all sleeping and not running around and you couldn't even pet them....WHAT GIVES????? 

But we were able to pet cows in the cattle barn:



Also pet goats and there was an odd goat called a lamancha which had no ears...it was weird but cute at the same time:





Then there was the Beekeeping station....look at all of those bees!





This was a little nifty thing made out of beeswax





Look at the little rabbit!  So cute!







The most amazing thing I saw was the amazing sand castle....How do people have the patience to do this???  I'll never know.



All in all this was a smaller fair than I'm used to, but I was able to get my yummy ribbon fries



And ended the day with popcorn!  But was it worth it to sit in all of this traffic?


The highlight of the day was this:






Ha ha ha ha ha!  Yes this was a fun day indeed!

Well until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment