Soothing Drops

Soothing Drops

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

CHANGES...CHANGES....AND MORE CHANGES...

This is the day that.....I have made several changes to my blog.  I have changed the name from To Boston and Beyond....to THIS Is The Day That....
Why have I changed the blog name do you ask????  Well first I haven't done much with the blog since last September and it just became stale.  So I figure a new look, new name, new URL and it will motivate me to keep blogging. And besides...it is time for a change I think.

Not only have I changed the look and name of the blog, there are a lot of changes that are going on in my life.  One major change is I have left my job and I'm moving back to Texas for another job.  I think this is going to be a good move not only for me...but for my family.  And who would have thought that I would have left my job after almost 20 years?  Not me....but I took the chance and I'm going to do it.

I know...I know...I swore that I would never move again but hey things "change" right?  But I do have to admit that after this move I really don't think I will be moving for a while.  And this time I mean it....this time the move has not been as smooth as expected.  There have been several mishaps, extra expenses and it is a little stressful with only two more days to go.

I sort of had a meltdown today and had to call my mother.  After I got off the phone with her I did feel better but still overwhelmed.  I do feel that after all of this everything will work out and be what I want it to be in the end.  My friend Brian told me one day....think of this as if you are having a baby, you have to go through all of the labor pains, it's so painful, you may be miserable and you may poop on yourself but once the baby is born everything is okay and you will be happy.  I just love how he makes me laugh when he comes up with these things.  Ha ha!

With this change in my life also comes some sadness, I will be leaving friends that I have met here as well as a church that I had become a major part of over the last few years.  I have connected with some amazing people while I have been here in the Boston area and I am so sad to have to say good bye to them.  I also met my husband here on the subway on the Red Line, so that is another wonderful thing that has happened to me here.  But man this weather up here is for the birds!  I'm so done with the cold....and I try not to complain because I do live in the New England area but it has been cold here since OCTOBER!!!!!  I'm ready to leave this.  It is kind of ironic that I will be starting my new job almost exactly the same date that I started working here in Boston. 

Bring on the warmer weather!!!!  I'm not looking forward to the drive it will be a long one.  But I'm sure I'm going to have A LOT to blog about for this road trip.  I think this will be our "vacation" this year so we better make it a good one!

Well until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment