Soothing Drops

Soothing Drops

Thursday, March 15, 2012

MY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Today marks the official date of my full year in Boston.  I didn't start working in the Boston office yet, but it is when my plane touched down in the Boston Logan airport and Zoey and I hit pavement for the first time ever in Boston.  Alot of people asked me have I ever been here when I first announced I was transferring here.  My reply.....NOPE.  The question that immediately followed was "Well why do you want to live there?".  The answer to that at the time was many reasons why, to be closer to my boyfriend (who I'm no longer with), to be closer to my mother and well to be able to move and still have a job.  Yes I'm still with my company, third office 17 years 9 months and going strong.  (WOW can't believe I've been here for almost 18 years!!!)

This last year has truly been a life experience and starting over when you are 39 years old is alot different when you do it at 28 years old.  When I moved to Texas I was a carefree twenty something year old with nothing holding them back, still in the hanging out stage.  So by doing that I made a ton of friends very quickly some have come and gone, but one of my first friends I ever made was Julia.  She worked in our Dallas office but then ditched me two weeks before I moved there but we lived in the same apartment complex and I couldn't have asked for a better friend.  AND her family pretty much adopted me so I consider her family and I can't forget my little niece Olivia...what a joy!  My next friend I met...well we are no longer friends BUT I became friends with one of her friends and to date Nikki (my Homey!) whom I call my sister and she is the best friend anyone can have.  She has been there through my worst of times, all of my health issues, many trips to the emergency room, always had a shoulder to cry on and she is probably the keeper of all of my secrets.  Except one which my other best friend is Kara she has a secret that better not slip from her lips...although I got stuff on her too so I think it's safe.  You know what they say...loose lips sinks ships!  Ha ha ha!  Then it was nice to have family move to Texas, my sister Angela and my niece Keisha....it was strange not spending Thanksgiving with them last year...but I got to spend it with my mother and it's been so long since I was able to do that so it was nice.  And I can't forget all of the other AWESOME people I have met, if I list them all this blog would be a MILE long!  But you all know who you are and that you all have a very special place in my life and my heart!

I love the people I work with here too.  My boss Cristina is awesome and it was so nice to finally see Lisa after all of these years again...probably about 16 but who is counting? There have been alot of scary times, happy times, confusing times, tough times and hilarious times.  Most of the hilarious times has been with my co-worker Brian....what can I say about Brian?  Well being that when I moved here I had NO family, NO friends and I had NO idea where or what I was doing, he took me under his wing.  He has called me on weekends to get me out of the house because he knew I didn't know anyone and has taken me on some adventures.  The most memorable one was when we went to Dedham to pick up my washer/dryer.  It seemed like we were going around in circles and if Brian were to tell the story he died for a brief moment when he was carrying that thing down the stairs.  Oh and the trip to Topsfield Fair...Brian has stated he will NEVER go to another fair!  Every day in the office we crack up...Brian is always saying something hilarious and it really brightens up the mood in the office at times.  So I guess it would be fair to say that Brian is officially my first friend here in Boston.  

It's kind of weird because even though things here are really different, things happened the same, when I moved to Dallas I moved with my beloved dog Muffin RIP 1994-2010.  When I moved to Boston, I moved with my now beloved dog Zoey...which I'm sure all of you know who that is.  And I started a new chapter in my life who knows where I'll be next!

Well I know that I didn't do everything on my Top Ten Bucket List...but I hope to achieve some of them this year so we will see.  I'm trying to decide if I should still continue to write this blog being that it was only to be about my first year in Boston and how I've adjusted but I've been told by several people that they want me to continue so should I?  Should I complete the final episode of War of the Neighbors?  Should I complete my Boston bucket list?  Should I continue with my experiences here in Boston?  If I get enough requests, I may continue this blog...but this blog may come to an end. 

So officially for now, this is my last entry.  It has been great doing this and it has been a pleasure for all of you to read my entries.  So I end this by saying farewell my friends....until we meet again.

Well until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment