Soothing Drops

Soothing Drops

Sunday, August 21, 2011

BOOKS, RAIN AND BURRITOS!

Well on August 15, 2011, I tried something I never did before.  I attended a book reading and signing for an old high school friend Ben Loory.  This was located at the brookline booksmith in Brookline Massachusetts.  






A very nice little area there with lots of things to do.  Definitely a place that I would like to go back and visit.  But I definitely would attend another event like that to meet new authors that are up and coming.  It's very neat to know that I went to high school with an author.  If you would like to know more about him, check out his website www.benloory.com I'm sure you will like it and pick up his book Stories for Nighttime and Some for the Day




It's a book that is full of short stories and it is actually quite a good read.  I'm not much of a reader, but when I pick it up to read while riding the train, I dont' want to stop reading and have almost missed my stop a few times.  But I'm not just saying pick up this book because it is by someone I know...but it really is a good read if you like short stories.


After I left the book store, I went to leave and ended up walking to another Mexican place that was called Anna's Taqueria.  My manager has talked about this at work as well as this was mentioned by a friend as well.  So you all know by now how much I love chips and salsa....SO that is what I go to get.  






So it's not a big place and definitely reminded me of a Chipotle restaurant which I absolutely LOVE!!!!  So what the heck, I end up getting the grilled veggie burrito as well.  Let me just tell you....Chipotle has some major competition.  This was probably the best burrito I have had...and the chips and salsa rocked too!  This is another place that I would definitely return to again and I will!


I thought that Dallas was the food capital....um...living here has changed my views of that.  And if you love food like I do....be careful when you come here.


So in ending, even though that day was a very rainy day...torrential rain at times it was a very eventful day.  And I was able to see more of the area here...so it was a good day.  


Well until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment