Soothing Drops

Soothing Drops

Sunday, September 22, 2013

FROST ICE BAR - BOSTON




So look at what we have coming to the Boston area....an ice bar.  Now I've heard of ice bars before and thought it was a nifty concept.  The first time I have ever heard about this was when Norweigan Cruise Lines debuted their newest cruise ship called Epic in 2010.  I remember thinking wow...what a neat thing...your drink will NEVER get warm!

Now on a cruise ship it might be a novelty...but in Boston where we tend to have some pretty harsh winters?  This may be something tourists may want to do which this is good in the summer...but Boston does not have a lot of tourists in the winter.  But here are some of the features of this new location:


  • General admission:  $18.99
  • Alcoholic drinks:  $ 11.00  (with no garnishes)
  • Non-alcoholic drinks: $ 6.00
  • Insulated capes and gloves provided
  • Amazing ice sculptures and furniture
When you first walk in you will be in a room where the temperature is 38 degrees.  This then prepares you when you actually enter the bar at a temperature of 21 degrees.  Brrrrrrrr!!!!  

So this is neat but the there are two negative things...in my opinion which are:

  • Groups are taken in every 15 minutes and can only say 45 minutes
  • NOOOOOOO FOOOOOOOD!!!!!
Okay I can understand the time limit of you having to be in there since it is so cold.  I mean honestly I would not be able to stay the 45 minutes.  But there is no food!  You know how many foodies there are out there?  Well this is NOT the place for you if you want to eat.  But I can also understand that because everything would probably freeze.  

The bar is located in Faneuil Hall Marketplace...and for the foodies, there is plenty of food around that area so you will be just fine.  Would I go here....probably just for the experience but I would be curious to see how this bar does during the winter months here.

Well until next time....




No comments:

Post a Comment